Saturday, September 17, 2011

Good Morning Everyone

July 19, 2011

Good morning everyone!

Hey so... surprise, surprise! I'm still in Chula Vista =) Woohoo! My prayers were answered! But I do have a new companion. Her name is Sister Newman and she is SO awesome. She's really genuine, really sincere, and a lot of fun. She's about my height and size and I'm thinking about cutting my hair so we have the same hair cut and see if people who don't know us very well can tell us apart. We can even share pioneer dresses, ha-ha. One of the other sisters in the Battalion joked about how you have to be about our size to be in the Chula Vista 3rd ward. Unfortunately Sister Burden was the exception though, ha-ha. Good times in Chula Vista that made this week a bit hectic but all is well in the life of me and my companion. =) I know that we will see miracles here in Chula. It'll be rockin'. Obedience and preparation precedes power? Sister Burden got transferred to University City aka La Jolla and actually Tyler and Jenna Hales are moving into their ward! So hopefully Sister Burden will be able to make contact with them. =)

We're trying to help these people we're teaching PROGRESS. That's the big stumbling block right now but we have some good ideas about how to help them. One idea is to teach the plan of salvation through making brownies. Thoughts? Ha-ha.

So on Tuesday I went to the doctor. We were there FOREVER, but I got to see surgery on someone’s stomach, teach the doctor and his family a lesson, and get the blood results back. Everything is mostly normal. I was frustrated that I wasn't doing missionary work but being with Sister Tanner made up for that as the scripture that we shared with the doctor, Alma 37:38 to the end, ended up being used in her lesson the next day! So there is a purpose in all things, and God definitely works in mysterious ways. =)

We got to meet with Vernell this week and have a good solid lesson with her, we combated some anti by testifying, and she showed up at church this Sunday. =) We also taught a good lesson with Michael and for the first time he's actually keeping commitments... hurray for miracles! Michael gave us SO much candy ha-ha. We have a whole stack of candy on our dresser, but mom the raspberry candy is DEF my favorite. It’s almost all gone again. =)

We had another solid lesson with Adel. He's trying so hard to get an answer to whether the Book of Mormon is true and he just hasn't yet. We keep praying for him. He just needs to do the "hard" things like go to church.

We got to paint a house again! Woot! I love painting houses. We got pictures this time. We also gave Blanca, the owner, a Book of Mormon and she said she'd read it. We're going back to help her again on Thursday.

I feel like not that much happened this week, even though a lot did. It’s kind of a funny conundrum.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you to Drumlin Farm for the package. =) Also Mom thank you so much for YOUR package. I love the pictures! And the food! And the letter! The breakfast essentials are SUCH a good idea. I’ve been drinking one every morning. Also I loved your letter. =)

I hope that everyone is doing well! Keep me updated! Love you lots!

~ Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment