Saturday, September 17, 2011

All is well, all is well


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hello!!!!

Alright - updates first! So this past week of full proselyting was amazing!! It was actually less than a full week because of some scheduling mix ups but we'll make up for it somewhere down the line. There were tons and tons of miracles. This is the busiest I've been on my mission, and Sister Newman is amazing. She is the best missionary in the Battalion I'm pretty sure, and it’s been awesome to see her work. =) We were able to see miracles too. Do you remember those people we were painting houses for? We got to add one of them as a solid investigator! His name is Frederico. He's about 42 and he has spent MONTHS painting his moms, Mercedes, house and redoing it for her. His stepfather just died. It’s an awesome thing but when you meet someone and teach them for the first time you can just tell how ready they are and how prepared they are to receive the Gospel, and Frederico is prepared, and willing to follow God and do whatever it is that God asks him to do. Also, yesterday I was thinking back to all the people that we taught and the great majority of them are Hispanic. I love San Diego. =) Frederico taught me how to say some things in Spanish. No hablo espanol pero yo tengo una amiga que habla espanol y yo se Jesuchristo es me salvador. Woot! Look at me go!

We also have this amazing solid investigator named Marta. We met her walking down the street to visit with Ania. It’s funny because usually we try to stay away from people that aren't completely dressed (she just got back from swimming ha-ha) but this time we made an exception. We walked up to her, offered to give her a message on Jesus Christ and she invited us into her home to teach a first lesson. She's been confused about churches for her entire life and is trying to find one that will fit. What?? It was a testimony builder that God has been preparing golden people for us to teach. Happy day! Woohoo! She's 19 years old and about to have a baby so she is VERY pregnant and her husband is in the military and gone for the next two weeks. She's already committed to coming to Church and invited us to her baby shower ha-ha. We'll be there. She wants her husband to learn and she has two other people in her family living with her. Life is good.

Funny story. I bought a Frisbee from Target the other day and brought it with me to exercise with today because one of the other sisters wanted to throw it with me. Which reminded me of the OTHER time I brought the Frisbee and this black woman was sitting at a picnic table, probably not aware that she was talking so loud saying "Frisbee? Who wakes up at 6:30 in the morning and plays Frisbee?? I can understand waking up to play ball... but FRISBEE??" It was so funny. I might or might not have been uncontrollably laughing. =)

Elder Ballard came to our mission! (Yeah that probably should have been at the top of the e-mail ha-ha) He came on Saturday and I got to shake his hand. =) Elder Ballard is so passionate about missionary work and Sister Newman and I are trying to do everything we can to further apply what he said into our area. It’s again with a lot of focus on member work and getting the members involved in finding, teaching, and fellowshipping. Huzzah! Members are the lifeblood of the Church. One thing that he told us and the bishop to do was to just ask members to invite nonmembers over for dinner. So I challenge you all to do that too! We tend to associate with other members of the Church. We are to branch out, make friends, feed people, and watch miracles and friendships happen. =)

An almost missionary came out with us all day yesterday. Her name is Miranda and she is so awesome, and so prepared to go on a mission. She's going to the Colorado Denver Spanish Speaking Mission and she's already read all of Preach My Gospel. She comes out with us all the time and has had a PMG class. She'll be a blessing to anyone by being her companion. =) She was able to paint with us and be with us to see what life as a missionary is like, all the ups and downs ha-ha.

Vernell is doing well =)

Anyway! I just wanted you all to know that I'm doing great =) I love it here and I'm so glad to be a missionary here in San Diego. =)

Love you all! Keep it real, keep it fun, keep it real fun! =D

*hugs*

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment