Saturday, September 17, 2011

Well this will be an interesting transfer


Tuesday, August 23, 2011
                    
Hello my dearest family,

Are you ready for the shock of your favorite missionary’s missionary life? For at least this transfer I'm not at the Battalion. BAHHHHH. I might have cried a bit. But I know that being not at the Battalion is where the Lord wants me full time. I was right though, I stayed in Chula Vista but I lost my dearest companion Sister Newman and picked up a new one named Sister Croker. She's from Washington State. She and I get along really well. She started her mission March 24th so she's been out for a little while. She's also a Spanish speaking, non Battalion missionary, and the mission president has told me to start studying a little of Spanish which has been REALLY slow progress.  In addition to the shock of being booted out of the Battalion, the office wasn't prepared to have full proselyting sisters in Chula Vista 3rd so we don't have a place to stay... It’s been really funny and very interesting being a "homeless" missionary in San Diego, ha-ha. We've been staying in a 1 bedroom apartment with another companionship in Old Town. So it’s like I'm separated from the Battalion but I'm still around all of my favorite people at the same time. That will change coming this Thursday when I'll move into Chula Vista 3rd and be a full time proselyting missionary for real and it won't feel like a dream.... It’s been a crazy week, let me tell you. It’s a weird sensation, because on my entire mission I've loved proselyting and the Battalion has been harder to love, but now that I'm away from it, I really, really miss it, and appreciate it and the miracles that are seen there every day. But alas, I waved goodbye last Wednesday, hoping and praying that I'll be back some time in the near future.

But that does mean - if you want to go to the Battalion its completely free game. =) I won't be there and you can go to the place that I love so much.

We've had some really awesome experiences with less actives this week. We met some new ones that I haven't had any experience with at all. The best experience for sure was with this woman named Isabelle. We knocked on her door and she opened it a little hesitantly, and then we asked if she was Sister Isabelle. She looked at us, threw open the door, threw open her arms and said "FINALLY!" and invited us in and was overjoyed to see us. It was... incredible to say the least. I've never had any experience like that before. She converted about 10 years ago and can't go to church because she works on Sunday. It was a crazy experience, and I'm so grateful that I had it.

We also had a good lesson with Gordon. He isn't going to Church because he was offended by a bishop. We'll get our bishop by to meet him soon so that he'll come to Church. Michell should be coming to Church next week which is exciting. =)

We weren't able to see Jacob or Martha this last week and it made me heartsick because I know that they are ready and I know that the Gospel can help them and their family but they're buffing us, and I'm not sure why. We still have an invitation to her baby shower but as far as lessons go there are no plans in the near future; *sighs* pray for them. They're some of my favorite people in the world.

We ran into again the sweet “H” family. =) They invited us back for Ochatta(?) and a lesson. He was baptized but none of his children were. They're a Hispanic family. I swear now that Sister Croker became my companion with her Spanish speaking abilities we've run into TONS more Spanish speaking people. It was like the Lord was waiting for the timing to be right for us to meet them. I feel really blessed. I'm slowly learning (and will for the rest of my life I'm sure) why I'm full proselyting and still in Chula Vista and why Sister Croker is here. I know there will be miracles though.

Michael is doing well but is slowly progressing, very, very slowly, but at least the progress is there.

Anyway, that was my week. It was crazy, complicated, overwhelming, but really awesome at the same time. I'll slowly get over the shell shock of it all, and I know that there are blessings that the Lord has in store for these people. It'll be a great transfer. =)

I know this Gospel is true and I know that the Savior and the Lord has my back.

I love you all so much. Keep smiling! Keep having fun! Know that I'm praying for you daily!

Love,

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment