Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dun, Dun, Dun, Dun !


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hello!

Mom I got your package! Woohoo! It made me really happy, especially the Red Sox shirt. =) The Red Sox shirt fits (It is a child Large). My companion was actually really funny because she looked at it and I said "how does it look" and she said... "big!" Which is hilarious because it fit perfectly for me, she is just used to tighter shirts. =)  It’s awesome! This is the first Red Sox shirt I've ever had!

I feel so loved by you all! I know that you're praying for me across the country and I really appreciate it. You are a real support to me. =) The best family and friends in the world.

Alright! So... this week! I FINALLY got caught up in my journal for the first time this transfer, which means, yes, this transfer is largely undocumented but it’s exciting because I'll be able to document everything from now on, hopefully. =) The most amazing part of this week I think was being able to meet a man named Jose. He was a street contact, we were walking around a mobile home and I saw him watering his lawn, and naturally I went up to talk to him. He is the most humble guy ever. It was amazing because this imagine came to me of him having the priesthood, and being baptized. I think meeting him changed my mission a little bit just because I honestly know nothing about him except that he's ready, and that I was meant to talk to him. He told us when we left that we made his day. Hopefully, we'll be able to see him again.

Martha and Jacob dropped us. =( We were both kind of crying. She did it over phone so we made one final appointment and went in with our guns blazing. We told her exactly what we're offering, and she knows it. She said she would go to church one more time, and that she likes the Book of Mormon. The reason she dropped us was her husband and his anti-Mormon family. It’s not over yet, we're not going to give up on her, just give her some time to see her life without the Gospel.

We met the COOLEST family this week. Their names are Rigo and Ivan (brothers) and their children, Nick and Sam (Rigo's) and Ivan and Lily (Ivan's) They haven't been to church since they were seven and they want the Book of Mormon and religion in their lives. Also, they play soccer so I know that you would all love them. =) I have high hopes for them. They're both recently divorced and family is really important for them.

Also, one of the amazing things that I've been able to experience this transfer is the members of the ward. And I know I've said this over and over and over again, but this ward is such an amazing example of the Gospel works, and every time I go over to strengthen them, and encourage them to share the Gospel, and give them the Apostolic witness that they'll find someone in 90 days, they end up strengthening me, and firming my resolve of really what I want later in life. I came on a mission to serve the Lord, and he just gives back in ways that I didn't even imagine. It has been a blessing for sure.

Funny story: We have a man in our ward named Brother Buhanan. He wears a bow tie every week to church. =)

Funny story part two: I went to my first SPANISH activity. Like ALL in Spanish. Granted we only stayed for 30 minutes because we were only trying to get a less active there named Sam but it was way funny. We were walking into the activity and I turned to Sister Croker and said "this is going to be a disaster" and she just laughed at me. It was all good. =)

That's a snap shot of my week! Hope you're all doing awesome! Sure do love you!

~ Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment