Saturday, September 17, 2011

Meeting people through dogs


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Heya Family,


We found a solid potential yesterday while we were going to visit another potential named Sonya, and this person, Victoria, had the cutest Husky dog ever. It’s only 3 months old. So I went over to pet the puppy and we got into a Gospel conversation (obviously ha-ha) and found out she has a cousin who is Mormon, and that she's willing to read the Book of Mormon. She sounds really busy though so it will be tough to meet with her I think. We also found someone else named Paul through a dog. Also... someone thinks we're stalking her which is BAD. The first time they opened the door and invited us back, the second time they saw us and locked the door, and the third time we weren't even in the area to see her, but she walked out right when we were walking by her door, she turned around when into her house and locked the door. Hopefully she doesn't call the cops on us.

Not much proselyting time this week because of all the meetings we have.

I've only taught one person who's been baptized. That's it. There is lots of work to be done in this ward.

Hmmm... Other than that, our ward still loves us. We haven't been able to stay for all three hours of Church in a long time. More than a month I think because of the Battalion schedule.  But the bishop keeps us updated. He's an awesome bishop. He's given us names of people to contact, help with missionary work, and get back to Church.

I went on exchanges twice; both in my area. It’s cool to see how other Sisters work.

We had a "Sister’s conference" today. It was cool to see all 36 Sister missionaries in the mission. We talked about unity between full proselyting and Battalion Sisters and the benefits of exchanges. They also fed us a delicious dinner. Yum!

Here is a funny story: I was at this lady’s, Ophelia, house and she asked where we were from and I responded "Washington... no wait, I’m not from Washington I'm from Boston. I don't know why I said I was from Boston; I'm from Washington... no I'm from Massachusetts!" Hilarious. I don't know what was going on it my head. But it was funny.


Sister Burden’s dad came to the Battalion yesterday and took my tour without me knowing who he was. I found out after the tour. That was a good thing as it might have made me nervous. He told Sister Burden later that when he saw me he just wanted to give me a huge hug but knew that that wouldn't be missionary appropriate. It was really touching to see Sis Burden and her dad hug though.

One person has been baptized. We have a couple of promising ones, but actively investigating, as in keeping commitments and wanting to know more, probably about 4 or 5. The rest are just in it to learn more about religions in general or just because we show up they let us in. We are trying so hard to find solid investigators who "want" it. That's always the goal. The best way is through members.

I love Spanish. =) I'll be fluent in it someday. That's my goal.. I had another funny story with that actually. We went over to the house of the Marcias family who are recent converts and they always feed us. They made us chicken tacos. Their son, Marco, was like wait, they're eating the chicken taco's... what do I get to eat (in Spanish) and I responded (in English) "he can have some of mine!" and Sister Macias looked at me with this surprised proud look on her face and was like "you can understand us!" It was great.

Well... that’s most of my week.

Say hello to Drumlin for the last time this summer!

Love you all!

~ Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment