Saturday, September 17, 2011

Well, another week in the life of ....well....me!


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Heyo family!

I had a great week. =)

So the big news of the week is that we FINALLY have an apartment that we're living in! Yippee! We're living with the institute couple which is pretty neat because it means that I'm still surrounded and loved by older couples. I think that God, just as he has throughout my life, is giving me just many amazing examples of what it is to live the Gospel all your life and love your spouse and how much the Gospel blesses people. I feel really blessed.

Recently since we were able to move in to our new place I’ve been able to exercise a lot better because we have these rolling dirt hills in our back yard basically and I've been able to run on dirt which is SO much better for my knees and up and down hills which is SO much better for my body. I've been feeling a lot better and healthier. Plus my companion has been reminding me to drink water and that is always good for the body. =)

My companion is amazing. She's not a native Spanish speaker and has only been studying for about 5 months. So learning Spanish for me is kind of... challenging. But it’s going as well as can be expected. I'll at least know how to say some rudimentary words and thoughts before the end of the transfer which is better than I could say before. My companion is awesome. She's really tolerant, positive and laid back about when things go wrong which is a good balance of me being so focused on trying to be a perfect missionary. She really knows how to follow the Spirit and teach. We each have our strengths and it will be amazing to see what we can take from each other at the end of the transfer. I've really been blessed as far as companions go. The Lord certainly knew who I needed to be with in order to learn and grow the most, and to help those around me.


It was really hard that last day to leave the Battalion behind. I felt like I was leaving my family, and with two new sisters coming I don't know if I’ll be back in the near future. But I am loving this experience that I'm having and I'm very grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me in having this gift of time given to me and to Chula Vista.

The amazing thing about this change is we have a LOT more time to work with members, to strengthen them and to help them to understand even better that they have an amazing ability and responsibility to bring others the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We've been working on some member lessons to inspire people and to get them to ACT and it’s been a blessing because I've been in this area for 6 months now, but now, with the increase in time to work with ward members I feel like I'm finally becoming a part of the ward that they love and that they can trust me even more. Members are important. Never forget that - you as members have something that we missionaries don't - you have functional real lives in the real world, and other people recognize it.

We've been working a lot with Martha and Jacob this past week. They are some of my favorite people in the world. I really want to bring them the happiness that the Gospel gives us. We taught them about Temples and the family proclamation to the world which is fitting because they're about to have a new little baby, Tyler. =)

We also have been working with Luis A and his family and Teresa. Life has been pretty solid recently. I'm so grateful to be in Chula Vista. I have faith to see miracles this transfer and I know that they will happen.

I know miracles can happen in your lives too as you have faith and trust in God.

We have also had the chance to work with Michael and he's going to the Mormon Battalion on Friday with us. =) WOOHOO! I am going back to visit my old home land except Chula Vista is my home land now... so back to... uh... one of the best places in the world. =) We are going to watch the new Joseph Smith movie.

Anyway, life is good, life is sweet. I'm so excited to be a servant of the Lord.

I was reading in the Book of Mormon today and I found the scripture Mormon 8:22. It’s a powerhouse scripture. You should all read it. =)

Well I sure love you!

Keep it real, and fun!

*hugs and handshakes*

~ Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment