Saturday, September 17, 2011

Considering the circumstances


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Heya!

How is everyone doing? I want to hear from you all! =)

So considering the circumstances this week with ANOTHER road trip to San Marcos (this time it wasn't my fault! But now I'm getting to know that drive really well and soon I won't even need directions and the 14 lane highway won't phase me at all =) and some other things that just didn't quite fall in our favor (I'll tell you about one of them later) I've had a lot of time for self reflection. It’s been interesting. I've been in the same area my entire mission and to some it might seem like I haven't had so much success. But I am here to tell you otherwise. I've learned, I've grown, and with me the area has grown and developed. It’s been really good that I've been here for me, and hopefully for others, and I have seen the people that I've seen, taught the people I've taught, and strengthened the ward and people that I've been around, including my companions.

Sister Newman and I were talking a few weeks ago about companionships and Sister Croker and I redid that conversation last night.  As a companion (and this can be friends, missionary companions, spouses, etc.) the Lord has given us stewardship over that other person, and in the end he is going to ask us "how well did you take care of my child? I put them in your path so that you could strengthen them, and lift them and help them, how well did you do that?" and we are going to be accountable for that. Friends are such angels, such blessings from heaven. It’s really an amazing and humbling responsibility that the Lord has given us to look out for them and love them. =)

But, last week was a week of humility I would say (and I'm saying this with a smile by the way because I learned a lot from it, not because I liked it); appointments fell through, nobody was home. It was interesting. As I said, It was a time for self reflection; spiritual boot camp so to speak, ha-ha. We did see the hand of the Lord amidst it all, and this next week I know will be awesome. Yesterday was the start to it. =) We were able to see Martha and her brother Jose and teach them the plan of salvation, and for them the importance and what exactly repentance is- I just love them so much. She still hasn't had her baby but she's in mom mode. She loves her family and she knows what her role is. She told us she'd be baptized if she and her husband could do it together. =)  So no set date yet, but it’s in the works. Happy day. =) It’s funny because we weren't able to see her all of last week, and frankly I was really upset and worried about it. She is my sister and I want her to have the happiness that I have. Finding her home yesterday was a tender mercy, and the lesson was exactly the way it should have gone.

We also got to meet with Michell again, that cute Asian lady. She rocks my socks. She's really an awesome individual; it’s just rather unfortunate that she doesn't have a phone ha-ha. *looks happy* She's got a special place in my heart.

The other good news of the week is the two less actives that we ran into; Josephine and Alyssa. They both invited us in (not quite like Isabelle) but they invited us in and are ready I think for us as missionaries to be in their lives. It’s been good.

Funny story:

The other day we were driving back from the Battalion and we got egged on the road. It’s no joke and we had a member in the car! What??? Who carries EGGS in their car? And she had kids with her! She flipped us off and everything and got another egg out and said to us "I have more!" before turning off the road. It was INSANITY. Also it probably didn't help that we were all laughing out of the sheer weirdness of it all, so that probably made her madder, ha-ha, but it was crazy, and funny. I hope it never happens again. Lots of people were looking at us. The story behind why we got egged was because I guess I accidentally cut her off? I checked the mirror and everything and I thought I was good *shrugs*. I think she just wasn't paying attention to the fact that the light turned red and she was still going 45 mph right before a red stop light but she got mad at us. So we had to get permission from our Mission president’s wife to get the car washed so the egg wouldn't ruin the paint; that poor member in a day in the life of missionary work I guess!

Other funny story:

We ran into Joe from the Galactic Federation by accident. We were trying to check up on a potential and I guess I got the wrong number... because Joe opens the door and was like "Sisters!!!" And I was like.... "uhhh...." hahahaha. He had more information to tell us but we moved on to our next plans ASAP. The members we visited got a kick out of it. =)

Anyway I love you a lot! I can't wait to hear from you and see how you're all doing! =)

Love ya!

~ Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment