Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oh the randomosity of life

Tuesday, July 12, 2011


Hello family!!

Thanks for the updates. =)

This week was a good week.  I mean of course every week is a good week, but this was an especially good week. Why you might ask? I shall tell you!

I got to help paint a house!! For the first time in my mission history somebody has actually ACCEPTED help from girls in skirts. It was awesome. We were walking down this street back to the car and I saw this woman and asked her if we could help. She looked at us and said "really?" hahaha. So we metaphorically rolled up our sleeves and got to work painting the house white. =) We didn't even spill on ourselves or anything. The woman's name is Blanca and she moved from Mexico years ago. She's living with her mom and she cooks for soldiers. She gave us her number and said we could come back any time we have free time, a miracle.

The way that we got into that complex... wait for it... we ARMY crawled under a fence. We have pictures, don't you worry and I'll get them to you as soon as I can get them printed out. I forgot my camera that day so they're all on Sister Burden’s camera. We're pretty hardcore for Sister Missionaries... just sayin' =)

We almost got to do unplanned service twice in one day. We were contacting a potential which was a bad address and next door there was a man named Tony doing yard work. I offered to help again and he said "sure! Just grab a shovel" I took him dang seriously! I dropped my backpack and went to the shovel... and then he looked at me like I was crazy hahaha. It was funny. He invited us to come back and share a message with him when he wasn't dripping with sweat.

Also... Sister Burden walked into a handicap parking pole. No joke. She was looking down and then WAM into the pole she went. It was right after district meeting. I almost couldn't walk I was laughing so hard.

We got to teach Gospel Principles this week... by accident. The ward mission leader didn't assign anyone so they turned to us and it was a really special experience. We had the Macias family and then one less active and the topic we chose was faith. It turned into a mini testimony meeting guided by questions and scriptures. The Spirit was so strong. Faith is so important.  It’s a principle of power and it precedes power. When we have faith we have the power to turn to God for anything, and the ability to see and discern the things that we need. 

I have a really neat experience regarding faith and prayer. Remind me to tell you after the mission =)

The Mission's president fireside is this week. Awesome.

Would you do me a favor and buy the sheet music for EFY “The Greatest Gift”? That would be awesome. I'd buy it myself but we're not allowed on websites.

This week was just a lot of neat experiences lined up in a row because District meeting was really amazing as well. My district is SO solid. We had a testimony meeting for our last district meeting before transfers and you could tangibly feel the Spirit. The mission, the work, the people, this place, everything is so incredible. This Gospel is real. It saves peoples lives. I am so blessed and lucky to be here right now. To have the Spirit in my life and to know with such a surety that the Atonement is real, that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that everything in life is for our good.

We added a family this week! He was a temple referral and he's met with missionaries before. His name is Luis, his wife is Monica, and their daughter is Daniella. They are the cutest family ever. I'm excited to meet with them and to teach them. =) They said they will do whatever God asks them to do.  

We added a woman named Vernell last week, and she got onto some anti-sites. We're working with her. She asked a lot of questions that in the long run just don't matter at all. I was able to just look her in the eye and tell her what I believe in, that Jesus Christ is my Savior and the Book of Mormon is true. I feel like that’s the theme of these last few weeks. It is down to the basics.  We testify to allow the Spirit to testify to them and not worry about countering every anti comment people have.

Chris is progressing as ever. She's talking more during the lessons, and I think the Spirit is really working through her. She came to the Battalion and we got to take her tour. Excellente.


I took a Swedish family through the tour too! Talk about an international experience here. =)

Tell Bishop Ainge I appreciated the note!

The reason taking only one person on a tour is so strange is because the Battalion is WAY busy right now. We're taking tons of huge tours every day. It’s exhausting but really rewarding. I'd definitely take busy over slow any day. =)

We had a really rough lesson with Fransisco again. We're transferring him over to the Elders. I think that's the most uncomfortable I've been in any lesson period. It was crazy. I felt like the Spirit completely left the room and felt empty.

Anyway! For the most part that's my week! And bye for the most part... I mean I ran out of time... =)

What is your favorite part of the summer so far?

Love you lots and lots and lots!

Alma 37: 6 and 7

LOVE YOU!!!!!

*hugs*

Sister Tardiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment