Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Easter!


Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Heya!!

Happy two days after Easter!! It was a great day. I feel like holidays on the mission are always a great day, because people are so much more willing to hear and be affected by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Sunny came to church and so did James, and the emphasis was on the savior and his atonement and his resurrection. He truly did die, but he rose again and that is the most important part. We were definitely fed, just like the missionaries in our home ward were well taken care of, so were my companion and I. We were unrepentantly fed Easter dinner after teaching Sunny. She's going back to Korea soon. We've been praying really hard that she will receive an answer to her prayers and be baptized before she goes back - and her uncle bore his testimony in Korean which was awesome!- and then we went to a pot luck that the ward invited us to, and we were able to get a referral from one of the members which was great. So Easter was definitely a day of miracles.

Also... Sister Tanner and I did an Easter egg hunt together. We hid all the candy that we got for each other. =) Sister Tanner, a Canadian, wore a USA headband as her "Easter bunny ears." It was fun.

How was your Easter? What was the favorite thing that you ate?

We have added two very amazing people this last week. We added someone named Dilanka. He's way cool. From Sri Lanka and just really open to learning more and has a lot of sincere, legitimate questions. He was a referral from the training sisters. He came with their less active to church and wanted to learn more. I'm really excited to teach him. The other one is named Teddy. He's from Ethiopia. Every other sentence he just says that this is what he wants in his life, that he wants to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized, that he's so grateful that we found him. He was a street contact in Linda Vista. I just continue to learn that this is God's work. I try as hard as I can to be obedient and to work hard and do the things he has asked me to do, and He will take care of the rest. We're meeting him again on Wednesday. =)

The Battalion has been chock full of miracles as well. I was able to take a young men's group through the Battalion and at the end I related the Battalion’s story to the YM. The Spirit was there really strongly and I hope that their experience at the Battalion will stick with them and help them to choose as the Battalion did, to follow a prophet of God. I was also able to talk to the Gaybers? I can't honestly remember their names but they brought their non member cousin to the Battalion and they all loved it. Brother Gayber is really in tune with the Spirit. We spoke about missions, about the gospel changing people’s lives, about conversion and he finished off by telling me that even though his mission was the happiest moments in his life up to that point - his happiest moment was when he married his sweetheart in the Temple. It was so cute, so powerful, and so real.

We did the peanut butter and jelly object lesson with James this week. It was so funny. I learned it in computer science and he's a comp sci major. So he got it really fast. But it’s a lesson on obedience. It’s so funny and talks about following God's commands exactly will lead us to eternal life. I'll show it to you I promise.

Crazy that we're already on week five of the transfer. Life is flying =)

I know that this is where I'm supposed to be, doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I am grateful every day for the experiences I have had, and for the blessings I've seen in my life and the life of you, my family. It’s a roller coaster of love and learning. =)

This week was great! Our investigators are doing well. Life is going well. Just pray that Sunny will be able to be baptized before she goes to Korea. She is ready if she'll accept the answer that she is receiving.

I just love this work so much! Elder Seegmiller told me the other day that these next three months are WHY heavenly father called me on a mission because I have been prepared, trained, and gained a testimony to have the faith to find, teach, and baptize. But it’s all in the Lord’s time, his way and not mine. I am really grateful for the opportunity to be here for the next three months. It will be one of miracles I think.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!

Love,

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment