Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My e-mail got deleted


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hello Everyone!!

I'm sorry but my big e-mail got deleted so I don't think that I’ll have time to write another long e-mail. It is so lame, I know.

What's the weather like right now?

Wasn't conference incredible? To be honest I was a little bit under the weather. It is only the second time in my mission I've gotten sick and it was a bummer but I was functional and went to conference and got a lot out of it. I feel so lucky and blessed to be living in a day and a time where we have living prophets on the earth with the priesthood power of God. I'm grateful that I have the knowledge without a shadow of a doubt that we can receive personal revelation from God to lead us and guide us in our own lives. I feel
extremely blessed. Conference was a really good time for reflection for me. I thought back to my very first conference on the mission where I was overwhelmed and with my trainer and didn't really know what missionary work was, to the conference 6 months ago when I was sitting in that very same institute building, and now to two days ago when I felt like I belonged. I have changed a lot on my mission and I am so grateful for the changes I have felt and the experiences that I have had.

Yesterday I got quarantined! I was truly very frustrated. I showed up at the Battalion and was a little sick. I started a tour with Sister Newman and then felt super hot. She left the room to turn on the AC and when she came back in she told me I looked like I was about to pass out. So I went out to get a drink of water and the rest of the Sisters told me I wasn't allowed to give tours and made me change out of my pioneer dress and sit on the couch. So I sat on the couch with a stubborn look on my face. Then I got sent home because they didn't want the fever to spread. But I was stubborn and at home I helped my
companion with the area book and then I was too tired so I gave in and went to bed. Being on a mission has made it very challenging for me to just sit when there is work to be done. But it is all very funny now, and I feel loads better with the extra sleep.

I got to go on exchanges with Sister Kearsley again. That was so fun! I am very grateful! =) I hope that I get to end my mission with her because it would be so fun to start and end a mission with the same companion. =) We went to Spring Valley and it was a family ward. It felt so weird. I am way more comfortable teaching YSA's now then I am
teaching normal people, ha-ha.

Ari is great! He's our investigator from Japan. He came to conference on Saturday and there was a girl from Japan there. I am most grateful for that. He was so grateful that he came back the next day even though he wasn't planning on it! The ward has really fellowshipped Ari.

Ari and James are all doing really well. I love teaching them. I teach mostly international students which is fun! Yesterday we added someone from Mongolia and met someone from Nigeria! It is really fun... and I'm definitely learning about the language barrier. Also, I'm learning that I want to go into international nutrition. This excites me! So it is good news... I found out last week though that I'll have to go an extra semester because that's how the classes line up with the prerequisites.

We moved James baptismal date back because he didn't feel ready and we agreed. It is now April 21 so we will pray for that and for his faith to continue to build. =)

This week was great! Conference was incredible! It feels like time goes so fast. The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days and it just seems like days are going faster and faster!

I love the work! I love you! You are each incredible!

Love you lots!

What are some things you got out of conference?

~ Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment