Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mission Tour






Tuesday, February 28, 2012,

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to hearing about another week in the life of your favorite missionary. =)

We had our mission tour this last week with Elder Zwick, one of the
Elders in the First Quorum of the Seventy. It was - incredible. I love
to hear from people who really know how to teach with the Spirit. He
wanted to shake each one of our hands. When he shook my hand I was
just so happy and so peaceful, I had this huge ole smile on my face
and he looked at me and said "You are the purest of the pure" and then
his wife told me I look so happy. It was great. He taught us about the
divinity of our callings, about how we are building the foundation for
the rest of our lives, and not limiting ourselves to what we think
about our capacity but letting God stretch us and make us better, and
he will, and about building trust with God. It was a powerful meeting.
I loved every minute of it.

So that was pretty much the high light of the week =)

I've learned a lot this week about myself and about the work. I'm
learning how much I've changed, how I have grown to depend on the 

Savior and access the atonement and I am so grateful, everyday, that I decided to
serve a mission. It has not only changed my life – it has saved my life.
It means the world to me.

We were able to find Swagut again, FINALLY, holy cow! He's
the coolest cat ever but he's so hard to find. Sister Tanner is a big
fan of him, ha-ha. He's a class clown and super funny. He has been to
seminary and he wants to know more about God. We are excited to
teach him tomorrow.

We also had a miracle at the institute. Hyesuhn brought two of her
friends to the lunch forum, Brian and John, and they both are
interested in learning more. We were able to teach them about the
restoration of the Gospel right on the spot and now we just have to
pass them off to the missionaries they belong to. They both live out
of our area. We were just flabbergasted at the miracle though. It was
great. We're excited for both of them. I felt an automatic connection with John,
like I knew him before, and he's going to the Helix Singles
ward to be taught so I wonder if I'll be transferred there at some
point.

Ok - so this week was just full of really amazing experiences because
we also are teaching a girl named Jill who's pretty much incredible.
She's been dating a member for a while and has finally decided to meet
with missionaries and I loved her the moment I started talking with her.
She's a doctor who has a lot of sincere questions, some very real
concerns but her heart is open and we are already good friends. I'm
very grateful for the blessings and the help that God has been giving us. 

Thank you, everyone for all of your prayers on my behalf.

Well I love you all so much!

*big hug*

Love,

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment