Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Valentines Day love



Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hey Everyone,

Happy Valentines Day! Is your heart just swooning with chocolate,
pink hearts, and flowers? =) Today is a really interesting day where
we can show our love for those that we love - everyone that we love!

So the big news of the week is that I accidentally squished my
companion between our car and the one behind it. To be fair to me, I
HAVE become a much better driver. It was night, it was raining, and
she was out there to back me up, and she never told me to stop. So I
was watching her hands as she backed me up right into squishing her
right knee! It was ridiculous and stupid and kind of funny now. But I
definitely cried because I've never hurt anyone before and it wasn't
even entirely my fault. It was both our fault. So I've laughed and
cried over it now, and after about a week, I'm feeling somewhat OK about it.
So I guess that's the funny story of the week as well. It’s a lot
funnier now then it was then.

The other thing that happened that was a surprise is that Brother
Ottesen showed up and bought all the Battalion sisters Root beer. =) It
was so nice of him. =)

We were able to teach a lot of lessons this week and we were able to
add someone named Sunny. Her name is definitely a good definition of
who she is. She is SO happy. She's the cousin of one of the members of
our ward. She's from Korean so we were able to watch the restoration
in Korean and we were able to give her a Korean Book of Mormon. We're
probably going to watch the Testaments in Korean too. Wooot!! I love
languages.

So yes, life is good and it continues forward. Valentines Day is awesome.
We love holidays here on the mission. =)  The bishop in our ward gave each of the Sisters flowers which was so nice. They even gave some to us so we have flowers in our
apartment. Also an investigator of the Elders gave us flowers too,
we're not quite sure what we think about that but... *shrugs* It
happened.

It is crazy how fast time goes by and how many lessons you can learn in a
short amount of time. This week I've really been learning about how
whatever is happening in our life, it’s because God wants it to happen.
So it HAS to be good and I've just become a lot more positive.

Also tomorrow I get to go on exchanges in a Spanish speaking area.
It’ll be great! I’m excited!

Anyway I love you all! You are incredible. Happy Valentines Day!

Love,

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment