Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A week of weeks


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hello my favorite people in the world,   

I don't even remember what I wanted to write. Uhm... probably about the time my companion and I got stuck between a locked parking garage and a locked apartment complex and were there for like 20 minutes before we ended up praying and getting released literally two minutes later. My entire life has been telling me and guiding me to know that prayer is real and has power. It truly does. It has the power to heal and the power to find, to see miracles in our lives, both physically and also spiritually and emotionally. It was super funny as we were stuck and even funnier when we got out.

We got to teach a lot this week which was really awesome. We also added someone who is so awesome. We were on exchanges at that point so I wasn't able to be there at the lesson, but I street contacted into him. His name is Marino so I'm excited to teach him again. He's never had a relationship with God but he knows prayer is powerful. Also on exchanges I got to teach the Sister’s investigator who is getting baptized on Sunday and he's a marine. While we were waiting for the lesson to begin he taught me how to back a car military style. I'll have to show you sometime. It’s super funny and makes backing the car a lot more enjoyable. He's super solid too. We might end up going to his baptism. =)

The other miracle experience, a once in a lifetime type of experience sort of thing, that we had is that we went to contact a referral and he didn't even live there, he had just moved, but the person who did live there got us his phone number and called him over. Meanwhile we were talking to two Indians that JUST got to the states, then Adam showed up and we started teaching him the restoration since there were no girls home, and he had brought a friend, so we were teaching 5 boys about the restoration, a Hindu (India), two Muslims (Jordan and India), a Christian (India) and a Palestine and then two MORE people showed up. I was trying to be focused on the lesson but I was in awe as more people started to show up and gather around these two Christian girls talking about Joseph Smith. We ended up adding a Hindu, a Christian, and a Muslim and have a potential investigator in the Muslim's roommate who's from Mongolia. What??? It was crazy. I'm excited to teach them all. 

Also we got our new site director. He's name is Elder Seegmiller and he is AMAZING. He's like a father figure and he has a lot of good ideas for how to make the Mormon Battalion even more successful then it already is, which is awesome because I think the Mormon Battalion is in the top three referral producing sites that the church has. It is pretty cool. =) Everything just works in our favor. We have an AWESOME presentation, we're in a historic site park and it’s near the temple. I can't wait for the temple visitor center to be finished. It was hard to say goodbye to the Evans because they are amazing. Their legacy is here at the Mormon Battalion, but the Lord calls and qualifies and changes things because it’s His time and His Site, and miracles will happen. 

Well... that's a little snap shot of my week. I am still going strong and still doing well. The mission is moving forward. I have a feeling some really miraculous things are about to hit the La Jolla Singles ward, I hope that I'll be here to see the effects of all the labor =D Transfers are in two weeks. Crazy! 

Love you all! 

Love, 

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment