Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Battalion





Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hey Everyone!

So this week was pretty good! The big news of the week though is that neither Sister Tanner nor I were transferred and we are staying! We've been able to get fed by members, we've been able to see miracles, and we were able to see a truck called
the Sushi Ninja! Yep! That's right we live in the land of the ninjas. Not a bad week!
=)

Yippee!! So I'm staying in the La Jolla Singles ward which is where the Lord needs me to be. Something really cool that I rediscover all day long is how the Lord really sees the big
picture. He sent me full proselyting 4 transfers ago and placed me with a Spanish speaking companion who needed language study. From that language study I've learned how to (kind of) understand Spanish, and I've learned how to (more importantly) street contact in Spanish. In La Jolla from those 5-6 phrases I've learned we've been able to give
the Spanish missionaries lots of referrals and from that has come at least 4 investigators. I don't say that to brag or anything, but I just know that the Lord knows where we need to be because of our talents, our abilities and our backgrounds. He knows way better than I
do what I need, and what his children need.

The Battalion has been great this week. I was able to boldly testify
about Jesus Christ and about God to 3 men on a business trip from
Maryland. They were touched, they know my conviction, and they know my
testimony, and they could not deny it. I hope that at some point in
the future they choose to investigate the Church.

The Lord also sent me an angel in the form of a man named Chuck. Chuck
has Alzheimer’s but he walked into the Battalion and the first thing he
did was compliment me, tell me that I look fit, that my hair looks
great, and that I'm a pretty girl. He constantly reminded me that he
was part of the US Navy. He dressed up like a soldier and he was the
sweetest person I've met in a while. The Lord sent me Chuck in a day
when I needed a reminder of how much God loved me. I certainly felt
loved.

The other cool experience was with a man named Juan. He came into the
Battalion while he has been searching and trying to find himself in a trip
across the country and I testified to him, told him, to listen to the
missionaries, to do what they told him to do, like go to church, read the scriptures, and
pray and that he would find more happiness than he would find anywhere
else. I also extended to him a soft baptismal commitment. It was a
powerful experience. I don't know if I'll ever know if the
missionaries do find him, or if he will choose to access the
atonement, but I pray that he will.

There were so many amazing experiences at the Battalion this week! I
wish I had time to send them all, but the Battalion is a place of
miracles. I'm grateful every day that I was sent here and more and
more my testimony of God and Jesus Christ are solidifying and
strengthening. This mission has been the best year of my life. I'm so
grateful for all the experiences that I've had, for the people I've
met, the lives that have touched mine, and the Lord's hand in my life.

Attitude is everything.

Love,

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment