Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'm out of creative titles, ha-ha


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hey Everyone!

So this week was pretty great, pretty normal, but pretty great! I
went on two exchanges; one in Logan Heights which was a Spanish
speaking area and one in La Jolla where I stayed with Sister Young, my
Bostonian twin. So that was last Monday, but I can't remember if I
told you about it, so I'm just telling you again. =) We almost ate at
Boston Market but it was too expensive so we decided to go to Little
Caesars instead, ha-ha. It was not very Bostonian but it’s OK. We were also
able to practice teaching the plan of salvation to some of our members
and they gave us 4 referrals. It’s so awesome! Hurray for members! I'm a
big fan of this ward. They do well.

The one in Logan heights was really funny. We prayed to have an
opportunity to teach in English together and half way through the day,
the Elders in the area called and said they needed help with one of
their investigators. We went and she spoke fluent English and reads
in English better than Spanish. It was awesome! Prayers are answered
every single day, and God micro-manages everything. Her name was
Beatrice and I really felt a connection with her. She's 25 and has a
10 year old daughter and she can feel the Spirit. It was awesome.

I'm not the driver anymore! I'm so happy!!!!!! Sister Tanner is a funny driver.

We had a funny experience last night at dinner with some members.
Somehow we got into a conversation about how different Sister Tanner
and I are, which is funny in and of itself. We came to the conclusion
that our similarities were: not from Utah, we like cheese, fruit and
vegetables, pizza, and we love the Gospel. One of the members, Sarah,
said - "I wish I could u-tube this for all the people who want to go
on missions but are worried about companions. This is the perfect
example. You can be polar opposites, but still love each other!" Ha-ha
so funny, but so true.

At the temple shift we had I was able to see like half of the Chula
Vista ward. The youth were there for baptisms and they came running
over "Sister Boston! Sister Boston!" It was so cute. I feel really
blessed to have been able to serve in that ward. They were all really
surprised that I still had so long left on my mission, ha-ha. Apparently
I seemed a lot more "veteran" as a missionary there then I really was,
which is funny, because I've seen so much improvement and learning
since I left, but that's what life is about; learning, growing and
progressing.

Jill is one of my favorite people, she might be my favorite
investigator I've ever taught. She's the doctor. She's so sincere. She
wants it. She has spiritual experiences and everything is in her favor to
know it, be changed by it, and be baptized. She also wants to be sealed
in the temple. I feel extremely blessed to be able to teach her, help her, and share my experiences with her.

Also we met one of the funniest people yesterday. Antoine. He's one of
those 32 year old's that we just have to pass off, but he's hilarious
and sincere. He told us he wouldn't have given us his number (he ASKED
to give it to us) or taken our book if he wasn't serious about
learning. He does hate all Boston sports but I think we can be friends anyway. =) A miracle of yesterday.

Today we're going to the temple. I'm really grateful. I need it. 90
days is a long time between going to the Temple. You are lucky you get
to go so frequently. =)

I have such a testimony of this Gospel, of the work that I'm doing, of
the Atonement, and of how the Gospel truly changes lives and help us
individually and as families. Recently I've been able to tell people a
lot about our family and how its brought us together, about our
sealing and about the love I have for them. It has been really special. I
feel blessed and I am so happy right now. I'm probably the happiest
right now that I've been on my entire mission and it isn't because
my area is doing well (it’s a little slow right now actually ha-ha) but
because I’m finally gaining that eternal prospective and seeing me and
the work I'm doing through how God views it. It has been great.

Anyway that's pretty much my week. =) I love you all!

Love,

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment