Thursday, March 22, 2012

Some more pictures








Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hey Everyone!

I think this is arguably might have been the best week of my mission
and it is the last week of the transfer which means that tomorrow we
will find out if I stay or if I go, and if Sister Tanner stays or if
she goes. I'm a little bit scared because I want BOTH of us to stay. I
have grown to truly love La Jolla for all its quirks and all of its
wonders, but most importantly for all the people. Last night our ward
had FHE at the Battalion and Sister Tanner and I were in our pioneer
dresses and everyone was just so excited to see us. I love these
people. So we will see what and where tomorrow brings.

But the most exciting news of the week is that we added an
investigator named Marrinna who accepted a baptismal date for April
14. Please pray for her! She just started her second job and she works
literally 20/7. The time that she is not working is used for sleep.
So it will be hard for her to go to church. We need miracles with
her but she is so cute, so prepared, so ready, if only the world
wasn't in the way.

Our other investigators are doing well also. We might not have tons
but the ones that we do have are progressing really nicely. I'm
teaching some of my favorite people in my entire mission, and it will
be really hard to leave them all.

We had another really incredible lesson with Jill yesterday. I just
love her so much. I love her sincerity, her prayers and how willing she
is to learn and to ask with real intent. I told her yesterday that
when she gets married in the temple I better be invited, ha-ha, and she
of course agreed.=)

Yesterday was a hilarious day. We were in our area in the morning and
nothing went right, not even lunch. We were planning on getting Carne
Asada fries as an end of the transfer lunch but instead I decided to
poke my head into a place called Honeybaked. The guy loved us into
buying food there. He gave us samples, and wasn't pushy. It was the best decision
ever. We got this HUGE meal for only 6 dollars and he added some
cookies and soup for free. Yes I am converted, and yes mom, I will
write him a thank you note. =D

Then we got lost because the GPS lost the satellite signal and the map was
gone from the car so we drove the ENTIRE wrong way down a road and
then realized we had to go ALL the way back. At least it was a nice
and scenic route. I tried to take a picture. =D We just had to
laugh because the address that we had was wrong, so we spent all that
time lost and it ended up being the address for a school - lame? Yes.
Funny? - most definitely! Even funnier? It was right next to a church
for Jehovah Witnesses. A guy came up and said "Are you sisters?" We were like "Yeah!!" We started talking about wards and churches and
the Mormon battalion and I asked if he had been on a mission and he
said - I'm actually a Jehovah Witnesses, but... it’s OK. It was nice to
meet you." hahaha. It was funny. He was a really nice guy. =D

Anyway! So that's a snap shot of my week.

I love you all! Thanks for your support and your love. You are incredible!

Love,

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment