Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Surprise, Surprise!


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

So....

This has been an interesting week that's for sure. It's about to get a lot more interesting though. I am back at the Battalion which is exciting! On my first tour in the enlistment room I took the tour with Sister Newman and it was the most peaceful, happy, "this is right" feeling. I was bubbling with happiness. This is where I'm meant to be. The Battalion is my home.

I got to say goodbye to everyone I needed to. Erica Jackson came to church last week! That was AWESOME, and we went and tried the egg experiment on her too and it totally tanked, like hardcore tanked. It was the funniest thing ever. Sister Croker cracked the egg shell too much so she couldn't peel it properly so when the egg got sucked into the bottle the egg exploded EVERYWHERE. The four year olds thought it was the best thing in the world... but that is definitely the egg NOT enduring to the end, ha-ha. Erica and I laughed for 5 minutes straight. She's one of the most special people to me.

My new area is La Jolla (pronounced hoy-a) Singles ward. YEAH, it is Crazy. I'm in a singles ward. The people are from ages 18-30. Whatt?? That's my age! It’s a completely different ball game but from what I could see it’s a really great ward. I get to have a lot of practice with member work.

This means, I’m working with people just like me 8 months ago or me in the future! How cool is that? Do you have any suggestions as to how to preach the Gospel to people like me? Hahahah.

I'm feeling a little bit inadequate because I'm also pretty much whitewashing it (gray washing? ha-ha) without a companion.  My companion, Sister Haggerty who's been in the area 5 months is REALLY sick. So during the times I did have the opportunity to go in the area, I was on exchanges with other sisters. She's going home tomorrow to recuperate and I have no idea what will end up happening with me or the area. The Lord has given me another opportunity to grow, and I know he'll help me. I trust him, but it’s going to be challenging. I'm grateful for the opportunity, but also... stressed.

The area is SUPER pretty. La Jolla is so different from Chula Vista. They're both rich areas, but La Jolla is a city, and everyone has their head phones in, most people don't believe in God and there are very limited Hispanics. I miss them! Ha-ha. But I do get to see the ocean a lot. This makes me truly very happy.

Sister Haggerty is also amazing! She's really bummed about going home, but I know that if it’s the Lord's will she'll come back as soon as she possibly can. Even though we've only been together a week I've learned a lot from her, and we've been able to grow together.

There are two investigators I've met so far. Lacey who doesn't know if God is there, but is willing to figure out what she believes, and Mads, who we got to teach a lesson with beer bottles strewn EVERYWHERE from the night before. That was an interesting lesson, ha-ha. This will be a way different experience, and I'm excited for it. I trust and I walk forward!

That's pretty much my week. A lot of unknown still in the future. So... I guess I'll let you know next week who my companion is and what's going on. =) Such is the life of a missionary heh.

I love you!! And I'm so glad that you are all so amazing!

*hugs*

~ Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment