Tuesday, October 25, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! TRICK OR TREAT!


Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hey Everyone!  HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! TRICK OR TREAT!

Have you read the ensign/new era article "Do the Math?" It’s about this rock solid Aaronic priesthood holder who ends up (basically) converting 26 people because he was sick of being the only active Aaronic priesthood holder in his ward. I can't remember if I got that from you Dad, or not, but if you haven't read it, please do. It’s really inspiring. =) Also, I'm really excited for the fast that the ward is doing. That always brings miracles! Didn't they fast before the Perez family and bring in the Marcantano family? That is sweet! I want to suggest that to the ward missionary in my ward. I think that would bring great miracles if it was implemented. =D

How many missionaries are in our ward now, 2, or 2 sharing with Weston 2nd?

I am excited to hear that you'll all be home for Thanksgiving! That will be so fun! Have a fantastic Priscilla Steak and could you possibly send me some!?... I just realized that here in the singles ward most of the singles are going to be home with their families... so we'll just have to find and teach the people who are staying! I'm becoming an investigator/spy here in the La Jolla Singles ward.

So this week was incredible! Well... it might have been a little frustrating at the beginning... but it ended really well! =D We got in contact with Tyler and Jenna (remember those people I met at the funeral with the Elliot’s?) Well I was on exchanges with Sister Burden (We were COMPANIONS AGAIN for the day! Happy day!) and they are in her area so we went and talked to them and they invited us back! It just worked out perfectly! Actually that day was a miracle day because we also contacted a referral, his name is Tin and we invited him to be baptized! Also... we might or might not have gotten into a locked gated community... the things I'm learning on my mission. =) I just know from the bottom of my heart that the Lord’s hand really is in everything. He knew many reasons why I needed to be in San Diego, and I've figured out some of them, but I'm sure some I will never ever know... and that actually just makes it a ton more exciting. =D

So, I'm sure you're all wondering about La Jolla singles though right? Enough about exchanges and the UC 1st!  It has been challenging to figure out how the Singles area works and what strategies do and don’t work. I know the key lies in the members and we've finally figured out at least a little bit to get into their homes and talk to them. Woohoo! It only took 4 weeks, not that bad right? I'm excited to work with them. This ward is really incredible. The number of people at activities is actually rather small though so somehow (probably by working with members) we're going to have to figure out how to buoy up the numbers so that more people stay active.

We are pretty much trying everything that we can think of. We're probably going to set up a booth on Mesa College, and we tried the bus stop contacting thing which is actually how we found Choyi by going to the bus to visit Anna!

How are the missionaries finding people in Weston? Do they have any new ideas that they've tried? I'm always up for trying new things... obviously, ha-ha.

Anna is doing so well! She is so amazing, and teaches me so much. I think I'm going to end up visiting her in China some time after my mission. I hope that's OK with you. She'll be baptized the first week in November I think. =) We added another Chinese investigator as well named Choyi. He is precious. He already considers himself a member of our Church. The language barrier is huge though. I'm learning how to teach really slowly... and very simply...  in order to make sure he understands what he is saying when he says "our Church". The last person of note for this week is named Will. Will reminds me a lot of Eric actually, which means we automatically became friends.  The amazing thing though is that he knows the Church is true, he just has concerns about baptism. I pray and hope for him that he will, because he is ready. So the work is going along nicely here in the La Jolla Singles ward, I don't know if I'll ever want to leave... But I guess that's what it was like in Chula Vista too. We are sent to places because we are meant to be there. I just have so much love for them, and I feel honored to be able to teach people who could, so easily, have been me. It’s a bit of trial and error but I think that was to be expected.

I love you all so much! I feel so blessed to be with you! Thanks for your love and support! You really are amazing examples to me!

Love,

Sister Tardiff

PS HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment