Monday, November 14, 2011

Start of a new day






Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hello!!!

That's so sad that Halloween got cancelled in New England because of the Nor’easter. Also it’s hard to believe that snow is happening right now... because... well... we definitely don't have snow here. Hey. I feel like my blood has warmed up or something because when it gets below 65 I’m FREEZING. I'm not even kidding, shivering and everything. I've become a wimp! I’m sure you're all laughing at me right now, but I am very content here in the 70 degree weather.  =) Did a lot of the trees get blown down? Last I heard the leaves haven't fallen off so I imagine with the snow it probably caused a lot of havoc.

But Halloween here was super fun! At the Battalion since we were all required to be in early at 5:30 and were required to be on shift at the Battalion, we still ended up having a Halloween party. I'm going to send a picture because about six of us used the kazoos that you sent mom, and played "How firm a foundation" hahaha. It was so fun. The Halloween package was a great success! Everyone was so grateful and so happy! The favorite was definitely the Kazoo's and the slap bracelets. =D They say thank you so much, just as I do as well. =) I also gave some of it to ward members and our investigators.

Speaking of investigators, at church it was so cute. People came up to Anna asking if she was visiting and she would respond "Yes, I'm visiting, but I'm getting baptized!" She's so excited! She reminds me of the people in the Book of Mormon who found the Gospel and just want it so much. Also, she finished the Book of Mormon last night. I think she might be my favorite person I've met on the mission. She's just so special.

Other than Anna, this week was decent. One of the other investigators, who I just love a lot, is named Melissa! She has so much real intent, but she also has a lot of questions. That's really what makes the difference in people. When people truly have intent and want to know that it’s true, that's when it makes all the difference, just like that promise in Moroni, if you ask with real intent. I'm excited to be learning from all these people, and to be teaching. I'm excited to keep teaching her.

We are still trying everything and anything to find people to teach. Singles wards are so different from family wards and it’s been a wonderful challenge to really learn how to rely on the ward for help. We've been able to find and teach people who are prepared to hear the Gospel, but we know there is always room for more ideas in finding these people. I just love being with people in this area. I love teaching people my age. It’s been an amazing 5 weeks!

I hope you are all having an awesome week as well! Enjoy the snow!

Well! Sure love you!

Love,

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment