Monday, November 14, 2011

My 7th Transfer


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hello!

OK... crazy news of the week; It’s my 7th transfer starting tomorrow! WHAT? The people who have been here for my entire mission at the Battalion site are now gone. We waved goodbye to them as the bus came to drop them off at the airport. It’s really insane how fast the time has flown, and to be perfectly honest I had a nightmare about going home last night. I love you all dearly, but it’s a wonderful thing that I have so much time left.

This last week I would consider it being a week of refiner’s fire so to speak. We were doing everything we could to find people by working with members and meeting with people, but it was like going up against a brick wall. I'll be honest, I was a little bit frustrated, but it’s a good thing that I have Sister Stevens as a companion because she just has so much faith amidst everything and I love her so much for it. It was really incredible too, because when we talked about it, I was able to change my attitude from frustration to faith and endurance. Then miracles started to happen. I've learned a lot about personal attitude in this last week; about how faith and optimism are so incredibly important. I love a song “Walking in Sunshine” from the EFY CD “Courage to Stand Strong.” One of the lines says "Some times we forget how blessed we are. But it’s better when we remember, when we remember" It’s so true! I am so grateful for ALL the blessings that Heavenly Father has given me, and I am especially grateful for this last week because I've learned a lot about myself, and my weaknesses and just how very blessed I am. I just love this work so much! I'm grateful for the people and for the lessons and for church, and fasting. I'm just grateful for everything. I'd never trade it for the world. =D

This morning for companion study, since we're going to be at the Battalion after pday today, we decided to do the whole Battalion story. We were a little rusty because we haven't been there in four days but it was so funny. =) This Battalion and its story are going to be part of me for the rest of my life, and that is something that I am truly grateful for. They did so much because of their faith in Jesus Christ and their love for their Prophet, Brigham Young. I'm excited to give a tour again after four days. =) Bring it on world!

I've had some really good conversations with Sisters recently about the Atonement. The general consensus I've come down to is that we try to be as perfect as we possibly can - and then the rest - that's what the Atonement is for isn't it?

Some awesome things that happened this week: We got to meet with Will again. I swear he's just like Eric! It’s so fun to talk to him and teach him and help him understand what the Gospel is and how it can help him. He also went to the CES Fireside with us with Boyd K. Packer as the speaker and I think that was really good for him and for everyone else who got to watch it. Repentance is such a deep topic.  I'm learning more and more about it every single day.  We also got to teach someone named Maurisio. He's so cool. He has dred locks and everything and he has a deep connection with God and appreciates everything that he learns about God and our message. Also, Anna is just a gem as usual. She told us about how the Book of Mormon answers her questions and her friend’s questions and that she knows it’s from God and then she turned to me and said "Is that what a testimony is? Do I have a testimony?" I just love her so much and I'm so excited for her! It will be a great day indeed when she gets baptized.

My testimony of the Gospel is deepening each and every day. I love studying in the Book of Mormon and studying about Jesus Christ. I know this Gospel is true. I know it with all my heart and I know the Spirit can testify of it to each and every one of us. The Spirit is just a small taste of what Heaven will be like and I'm so grateful for it.

For this Thanksgiving season I want to say five things I'm grateful for every week and I'd love if you would do that too. =)

1) Being able to share the Gospel with others each and every day
2) My family
3) 7 - Eleven hot chocolate
4) Maps
5) Sister Stevens

Well... transfers are tomorrow, so for all we know life could be completely different next week. I'll keep you updated! I'm excited! I know the Lord’s hand is in this work, and everything definitely happens for a reason.

I am so happy! I'm so grateful to be here and I just know that I am having the perfect mission experience for me. Every step along the way is there because it’s exactly how it needs to be done. The Lord is just so perfect, and such a loving Heavenly Father in each of our lives. Sometimes He brings us low, but it’s only so he can lift us higher.

I love you all! Happy November 8th!

Love,

Sister Tardiff

1 comment:

  1. magical spells really work!! I never thought there were still honest, genuine, trustworthy and very powerful spell casters until i met the spiritual helper, MERUJA OWO. last week he did a love spell for me and it worked effectively and now he just casted another healing spell for my friend who has fibroid and now she is totally free and she is presently the happiest person on earth, she keeps thanking me all day..
    I just thought it would be good to tell the whole world about his good work and how genuine he is, i wasn't thinking i could get any help because of my past experiences with other fake casters who could not bring my husband back to me and they all promised heaven and earth and all they are able to do is ask for more money all the time until i met with this man. he does all spells, Love spells, money spells, lottery spells e.t.c i wish i can save every one who is in those casters trap right now because i went though hell thinking and hoping they could help me.i recommend MERUJA OWO for any kind of help you want.
    his email address is: Nativedoctor101@live.com
    if you want to ask me anything my e-mail is: jannet_madeson@yahoo.com
    Kind Regards,

    ReplyDelete