Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And so it begins... =)


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hello my favorite people in the world! =)

How is your week going? How have fall festivities gone? We made caramel apples last week! They were yummy. =)

This week has been crazy. I'm not even kidding. We have gotten SO lost, so many times. It was funny... but also... not at the same time because we're on the Lord's time and we can't spend that time being lost! It has gotten to the point (because I was the designated driver) that yesterday we actually called President Clayton and asked if we could switch designated drivers because in Sister Steven's words I (Sister Tardiff) "have a better idea of where we are going and you're not even looking at the map!" It was really funny! President Clayton gave us permission so for the first time in a LONG time I'm not driving. It’s Weird. I think I'll enjoy it though and we'll be able to get to the places we need faster and more productively. =) Our area is HUGE. We cover the entire North Stake as part of the La Jolla Singles ward. I'll be able to whip around San Diego like no body's business by the end of my mission. =)

This last week has been a blast of fresh air! It’s been awesome to white wash. Sister Steven's and I came in on equal grounds and we're just trying everything and anything that comes to our mind to help this area progress. The ward is also incredible. It’s made up predominantly of women and a lot of them are return missionaries. =) Our plan is to get in with the members and through them to find and teach those who are prepared and those who have instant friends. I know that there are people here, and peoples friends who are here who are so ready to hear this message. It will be stellar.

Sister Stevens is from Layton, Utah and she is really an incredible, incredible missionary. She was switched from Spanish to English for this transfer and she is the most positive person I've ever met in my entire life. She was a beautician and she just laughs and works and it’s been awesome. I'm going to learn a lot from her. =) On a random side note; for the first time in my entire life, I let someone wax my eyebrows, ha-ha, but just because I love Sister Stevens... and because it was free. =)

What's been something new you've tried this week?

We have some awesome investigators and most of them are Asian. =) So cute! One's name is Anna and she is the MOST prepared person I've ever met in my entire life. She came to church and she said that she'd never had this feeling before, and that she felt good, and loved. She's from Beijing, China. 0_0 I love her to death and the Gospel is helping her so much already. Every time we teach her or get a text from her it just makes my heart happy.

On the Asian note; the Battalion now has the tour in Mandarin... which means that I've taken a tour in Mandarin! Except I'm speaking in English and just hearing other people speak in a crazy language. =)

The Battalion has been so good! I am really, really, really glad that I am back. I’m not sure if you all remember my going on a mission story, but a Sister Evans from the Winter Quarters Historic site looked at me and told me I should pray about going on a mission. When I found out I was going to be going to a historic site myself I wanted so badly to be able to do that same thing for someone else. I think I did. Yesterday I relieved a tour around 3 and as I walked in one of the ladies said that she recognized me from the temple and then again at the Mormon Battalion. The younger girl told me that partially because of meeting me at the Mormon Battalion and this trip that she had decided to go on a mission, and now she is going to serve in Campinas, Brazil, leaving in January and her mom piped in "you were very influential" That was an amazing experience.

So, moral of the story: historic sites are legit.  =)

Funny story; amidst this last week of getting lost we called the zone leaders to get directions to the place where we were having district meeting. We forgot to plan on lunch so we just grabbed the caramel apples we made the night before and jumped into the car. As we were driving to the building the Elders passed us and Sister Stevens and I just saluted them with our apples. Ha-ha. We make a really awesome companionship. I'm stoked for this next transfer. =)

Well that's most of my week. I'm happy as a little clam and so excited to hear from you all!

I love you so much!

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment