Sunday, June 26, 2011

Heyo!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hello!!!

Well this week was exciting for a couple of reasons. I think the stress is causing my body to go all out of whack, but on the bright side, I no longer feel like I’m hungry ALL the time which is definitely a huge improvement over the first two transfers?

How is everyone doing?? It seems kind of crazy that it is summer in Massachusetts because it’s always summer here. I think that's why it’s so crazy that I’ve been here for 4 months because the time doesn't have anyway of registering. It’s always beautiful here. Lucky me, huh? How lucky am I?

OH! Holy cow! I forgot that you didn't know, transfers seem like forever ago, but I'm staying in Chula Vista 3rd. YAYY! And Sister Burden is staying my companion. We have some game plans for changes to make this transfer and we're going to get rolling with it ASAP. For instance, on Sunday we gave talks in church. Mine was on introducing the Plan of Salvation to friends and we have a challenge for the ward. We're going to learn all of their names, yep, by the end of the transfer. It is a righteous desire, and so we will accomplish it with the Lord’s help, of course! Sister Burden spoke on introducing the Restoration to friends.

We had a dinner appointment fall through but we didn't find out till we were already in Chula Vista which left us with no food... whoops...  and the Bishop was coming with us to this appointment to teach Christine. I turned to Sister Burden and said "Sister Burden, I secretly hope the Bishop will invite us to dinner" She looked at me and said "That is a righteous desire" Hehehehe. And he did invite us! So that was awesome. Christine also is taking her desire to quit her smoking addiction really seriously! She was so happy when she told us she was joining smokers anonymous. It brightened our entire day. It was way good that the Bishop got to know Christine better. =)

Yesterday I got to go through a tour in Spanish! They speak SOOOO fast. That was way exciting. They were people I flagged down that were walking down the street and I invited them in. Of course I don't speak any Spanish at all. But I went through and said a couple phrases and they referred at the end! Huzzah! As a consequence I dreamed in Spanish. Yeah, I know it is pretty hilarious. Cuz I knew that I was dreaming in Spanish but I couldn't understand my dream. Hehe. Good times in the mission field.

Have you ever dreamed in another language? I thought it was kind of funny, but super cool.

This week was pretty busy. We got to meet with Carlos and the Macia’s family. Andrea is really a miracle. She is going to create miracles wherever she goes. She's so solid. We also met up with Bradley and his family. =) His mom basically said that Bradley can do whatever he wants but she doesn't want any part in it which is good and bad. Hopefully we can end up teaching the entire family, but right now we'll focus on Bradley.

We met some referrals from the Mormon Battalion, Lynn and Daniel. They are interesting people. They are on a spiritual quest. We got to teach them the restoration and introduce the Book of Mormon. Lynn said we could come back eventually after she's read the Book, and had gone to church. Which we thought was weird - but also OK, because we pushed it a little and she didn't want regular visits. We do know that if she reads the Book of Mormon and takes the challenge that we gave her then the Book of Mormon can teach her and she'll gain a testimony for herself.

Taking tours is so much fun especially when people get into the tours. We took one late at night and everyone was so enthusiastic that it was like I wasn't tired anymore. Also Sister Evans put on this peppy voice at the end of one of the rooms and said "let’s go to the desert!" It was way funny. Another sister from Massachusetts is here! Her name is Sister Young. She's from the Hingham stake. Small world huh? Now there are THREE sisters from Massachusetts in the San Diego mission. =) California must need a little bit of the east coast. =D

We had group meeting (kind of like district meeting except at the Battalion) and it was incredible! We talked about body language during the tours and then about Holland’s talk about giving everything so that we can make our mission an incredible experience, giving it our all. I love Sister Adam's. She is an incredible sister.

OH! I almost forgot! We got to meet with Austan yesterday. He's flaked out a BUNCH, but finally he showed up just like he said he would (a small miracle in and of itself, Ha-ha) I just want so much for him to keep commitments because I know the Gospel will help him, if he lets it. I know that he needs the Gospel in his life. I know that it will give him happiness, true happiness.

Anyhow, that's a summary of my week!

I love you all lots!

Have an awesome, awesome week!

Try writing down one thing you are grateful for each day. =) A tender mercy so to speak. Look at 1 NE 1:17 =)

Love you all!

Smile!!

~ Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment