Monday, June 27, 2011

Hola! Soy la Hermana Tardiff!


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hey everyone,

So this week was exciting for a couple of reasons.

Christine got baptized!!! Woohooooooooo! Elder Clay was the person who baptized her and she came out of the water and she kept saying "it’s a new beginning." It was the happiest moment on my mission. The next day was so good too because she got confirmed and was able to have the Spirit with her for the rest of her life. I truly understand what it means in Alma when it says consider the joy of saving just one soul. I know it wasn't me at all either. It was all Heavenly Father and putting people who were prepared in my path.

Sister Macias is getting baptized!!!! Just as a preface Sister Burden and I were not the people teaching her but she is in our ward and we have had some interactions with her and we are teaching her husband and her daughter the recent convert lessons. =) It’s been a long haul for her and she is so sweet, so prepared. Their family reminds me of our family. Three kids, two daughters, the youngest is a son. She's been investigating for about a year and on Sunday she told us the Spirit was so strong when the Elders were teaching that when they asked if she would get baptized she knew the answer was yes. I'm smiling even telling you this story right now. It’s funny because I've been praying for a family to teach... and it has been right in front of me. I am teaching a family! I'm teaching them the recent convert lessons though, not the investigator lessons. It’s funny how things become clear in hindsight. =) I'm really excited to go to her baptism! The Spirit at their house is always so strong; when the last three of their family gets baptized I know the Spirit will be incredible.

These two experiences were the most exciting things that happened this week.

Life is way good. I have faith and it just keeps growing! I'm happy and I'm healthy and I'm excited to work!

Well! I'm trying to think of funny stories and they're all evading me... but lots of funny things have happened....

OH! Like we went to Golden Spoon for our free ice cream and we met this worker named Jack whose girlfriend wanted to get baptized, but her parents wouldn't let her. Then at the Temple grounds we saw him drive by and usually we wave to everyone, but this time we recognized him and was like "HEYYYY!! JACK!" Then we saw him at the Battalion. It was like it was destiny that we went to Golden Spoon that day. =)

Also! Adel came to the Battalion and brought his wife, Amy, and his son Eric! It was really good! Amy said she would accept a copy of the Book of Mormon and I just love them! They are the sweetest family! They invited us to their daughter’s graduation. =) The Spirit was strong too.

Anyway! That’s about it! I'm pretty close to out of time.

Love,

~ Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment