Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy May 10th! Mother's Day.


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Heyo Everyone,

So guess what? Right after I got off the phone with you (mom, dad, Teri and Patrick) my companion started talking to her family on the cell and I decided to go contact people in a park and give them a Mormon Battalion card. It was bueno. A woman was really appreciative and then I talked to a man. He looked at me with this face and asked what I wanted, and told me he was there to do some alone thinking, so I wished him well. Well I couldn't decided whether I should go back and talk to him or not and then he started walking away! So I decided that now was the time! I started to "run" after him too fast towards him and slid on gravel! Apparently I was supposed to leave him alone... and I got some cuts and bruises to show for it! Oops... My companion said to her parents "my companion just fell trying to share the gospel with some man" It was way funny. =)

It was really, really good to hear from all of you! I just can't get over how much I love you and how much you all make me laugh. =D I couldn't believe how fast the time went, by the time we reached the end of the phone conversation. But as I said at the end, I know I'm in the right place at the right time, and I know that the Lord is taking care of you. =D

My companion and I have decided on a new motto. It kind of comes from the Battalion movie: Despite the difficult circumstances, they chose to be healthy. =D Hehehe, because we get SO much candy, cakes, cookies at the Battalion. No normal person needs that much sweets... not even me! And I love sweets!

Chris is a miracle! Honestly a real miracle. She is the investigator that we met on Saturday and had another extremely spiritual meeting with her on Sunday. She came to church! Well we talked with her yesterday and taught her the Word of Wisdom and she told us this was just what she needed to quit smoking and that she was going to stop. That day! It’s just a real testimony of how the Lord prepares people and it’s not our work, but His. Teri, you asked me what the best moment of my mission was. I'd definitely say it was these last few meetings with Chris. It's been really humbling, really exciting and just really... amazing.

We got to contact Michael again! That was really exciting! He's such an interesting and funny man. I told him that we should have a meeting at the Temple and he looked at me all concerned like and asked if he thought I'd convert him by taking him to the Temple. Hey. He totally knows it’s true. The scaredy cat! We're just going to keep trucking with that man. Hopefully he'll come around. =D

Today we're teaching Bradley. He's the only one that came to church. Bradley is the 14 year old who wants to know God more. He really reminds me of Joseph Smith. He's super shy though so we have to make sure to involve him and ask good questions and more. Hopefully we'll end up teaching his entire family in the process. =)

A couple of the other investigators we have:

Ania: I love her! She is so cool, such a strong woman and full of the love of God. We just need to really get her to LISTEN to the discussions and have more of an open mind. She did say she would come to church though because she's not happy with the Catholic churches in the area.

Fransisco: He was the man that I could just feel the love of God for him, through me. He reads and he keeps commitments but he hasn't gotten the answer that the Church is true yet.

Anna: I love her too! I just love all of them. She has had a tough life but she knows that we can bring her closer to God. We just need to help her to find that the way back to God isn't through us as missionaries, but through the Church and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Julie is engaged! I got a letter from her today! How crazy is that! Congrats Julie!

I again gained more of a testimony that the tours we take are inspired. I was eating dinner back in the room when a senior couple came and asked me to give a tour! Who was there but some awesome people in our ward! They also gave me referrals for people from the second ward because they knew me. That tour was really, really fun. I'm just so blessed, seriously so blessed. We all are. Sometimes I think of the times when I'm grouchy or moody or tired (for really no reason.. ha-ha) ... and it’s just ridiculous because if I looked at the big picture, everything is happening exactly how it needs to in order for all of us to reach our potential. For that reason I try to always be happy. =D

I hope Sister Virgin calls, she said she would. Just know how much I loved her and appreciated her and that she was the best companion I could have asked for. =)

Sister Burden is also great! We're becoming better and better friends every day!

Training is an adventure every day. She thinks that I know everything.... but I don't. So we just go about doing the best we can! One time I forgot the area book and that's when we added a new investigator! So there's a reason God put two greenies together! It’s super fun actually! I've only been with a companion senior to me with Sister Virgin. Even on exchanges I've either been out as long, or longer. Kind of funny huh? =D

The only hard parts are when I feel like I've failed because I've forgotten something or I don't know enough, but I know that Heavenly Father qualifies me and I also know it’s a choice to be happy. So I'm constantly choosing and I'm generally choosing the happy route because that makes life so much better.

I love you all loads!  It makes me smile and happy every time I get e-mails and letters from you. Keep being the amazing people you are and strive to become stronger and stronger in the gospel every day

Well... that's about it since last we talked. =D

Be good! Read your scriptures! Pray often! Stay humble! The Lord will provide. =D

Keep up scripture studies and studies of the Gospel. Having personal study every day has definitely been a blessing.

Random scripture... 2 Ne 28:6 =D

Love you!

~ Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment