Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Awesome Week


Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Heyo!!

This week was awesome! We got to meet with Bradley and Christine a lot this week and they're both really progressing. Chris completely gave up smoking in just one week! It’s amazing how much the Atonement can help in people’s lives. Bradley's parents are concerned about him spending too much time in "church things" so we're backing off a bit in respect to them. He came to church though! And he was in a white shirt and tie! I can TOTALLY see him as a missionary! It’s really awesome.

Some people have been asking if I would potentially move to San Diego at the end of my mission. I always look at them, start out with "it’s really pretty and maybe for a couple of years" but I love the seasons! And I love trees! And I haven't seen a legit fall in like... forever! =D Plus I really like New England... like loads. I refer people to New England all the time. =D

We finally got the conference edition of the Ensign! YAYY!! I think one of my favorite talks that I've read over and over again is the one about Testimony, and how to gain and to keep one. He gives us 10 things that help us to gain a testimony. One is knowing exactly who we are - divine children of God, another is teaching/sharing our testimony with others. We're hoping with Fransisco that we will have him share his testimony with us and we know that the Spirit will confirm that the words he hears are true. He is truly a really special man. Every time we meet with him (and are able to stay on topic...) is a really special experience. We can both feel how much God loves him, and wants him to come closer to him. Brother Birmingham, who is a great fellowshipper, thinks it’s only a matter of time. =)

I sang at a baptism... I know crazy right? But the Lord asks us to use and to develop talents so I am trying to develop it as fast as I can. I sang "The Olive Tree" and I was terrified. Hopefully I'll get used to it eventually! Ha-ha. It was Elder Belt and Elder Whitrod's investigator, Emily, who was baptized. Christine came to the baptism and so did JAN! Whoa! What in the world?? He didn't realize the building was unlocked so he missed the service. But he got some good food and some amazing fellowshipping from members. I love members.=)

We were able to add an investigator named Austin. He's really cool. He has a lot of deep questions and is confused about why bad things happen to good people, who God really is. I know the Gospel will help him.

Sister Burden is the best! We joke all the time, she's really become one of my super close friends and I think I've laughed more with her than I have this entire mission. It’s really great. We drive Malibu’s and Corollas, and the Malibu’s have NO turning radius. One time she claimed she could turn the Malibu in this small parking lot and she was like "I'll show you what this boat (our nickname for it) can do!" And as she turned she muttered "c'mon baby, c'mon baby" and it didn't make it! I knew it wouldn't! Hahahaha. It’s been really great and I think having two new people together has forced us to work harder and ask for more help from the Lord.

Isn't God incredible? YES! Yes he is!

At the Battalion I met a couple from Alaska who lost custody of a child because they allowed her to be baptized. WHAT??? I didn't think persecution like that happened anymore! But apparently it does. We had a good conversation about God and his role in our lives. Her husband just converted and they're getting sealed in a year. I'm really excited for them!  This was the same day that I think I gave the most fun tour I've ever given so far. =) The tour was a bunch of BYU kids - including people I knew! WHOA! Crazy! But anyway, in the enlistment room, with us two Sisters, a bunch of college students, and some Elders it was basically a hoe-down when the clapping music came on. HAHAHAHA. It was awesome! Sister Nelson and I took it together and it was way fun to play off of each other.

We had exchanges and I swear miracles happen during exchange day! It was cool to work with someone who had a lot more experience than me and in different areas. =)

We also spent some time at the Temple! Sister Burden and I were talking about the other day how exciting it was to receive a referral from Headquarters (some sort of visitors center) and how amazing it was that we got to send those referrals to other missionaries! We get to make someone’s day! =D

These last few days and the next few days I am studying the Atonement. I want to be able to look my investigators in the eyes and 100% truthfully tell them that I understand the Atonement, that it’s worked in my life and that it will give them the peace they desire and need. It’s been really amazing.

Well anyway! I am rambling! But enjoy this week! I love you loads! Sounds like you are having a party during this summer! Have lots of fun!

Love,

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment