Monday, March 28, 2011

The End is Coming!


Tuesday, March 22, 2011,

Just kidding. =)  On our way to doing laundry we saw a sign that said that judgment time was coming on May 21st so we should all prepare. =)  I got a bit worried for about 22 seconds but then I decided since May 22 was Teri's birthday it wouldn't happen the day before her birthday, he-he. I was instantly at ease. Sometimes random things just make me laugh.

Anyway! Happy Tuesday!!

Today we got to clean our apartment; like the entire day. Dangit... it’s especially unfortunate because I obviously have not been there all that long and I am cleaning up after people who are probably home from their mission by now. *Shrugs.* “Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel, Carry On!” Ha-ha. It'll look amazing when we're done with it, and we're blasting out church music and having fun looking at gross things that start to look livable. =) Woot!

I'm glad you all thought the pioneer dress was "interesting". =) That one is my favorite cuz I have wings and can fly! Woohoo!! I also have a twin with Sister Woodbury. She's a senior Sister. I love all the senior couples! They're like extra grandparents, and they make banana bread for us and sometimes cookies. I pretty much have the best mission in the world. You can all argue and whatnot but we'll have to agree to disagree!  Also, whoever told me that visitor center sisters have it easy was WAY off the mark! We have to squeeze everything into half the time and our schedules get very messed up all the time. =) For example today we get one hour less of p-day so we can chill in the Battalion. In pioneer dresses... yep, best mission ever? Uh huh!
  
A couple of days ago on Saturday a woman I told you about, Kelly, came into the Battalion to pick up the conversion story and she brought me home made tortillas! YAY! I'm converted. I want to eat Mexican food for the rest of my life. Also... Mexican hot chocolate is pretty much the neatest invention known to man. If you haven't tried it you should get on that band wagon. =) It’s not as sweet as regular hot chocolate but if you put peanut butter in it then it becomes a dream come true. I commit you all to trying it! =P Anyway, back to the story. She read what I wrote and she started crying near the end and she gave me a hug and told me it was perfect, a perfect length and just what she was looking for. That was awesome. It’s amazing what happens when you randomly decide to go into a bathroom. I took a picture with her so I'll send you that eventually. She said that conversion story was being read today and she'd come in and tell me how it went.

We also ran into Teresa again! She's the miracle woman who just randomly showed up to church. It’s actually been amazing to watch the miracles happening at church. We've had three people just show up at church... first Teresa, then Priscilla who we can't meet with because her parents found out that she was Mormon and said she couldn't, and then Diana who we're teaching sometime this week. =)  Sorry... there are a lot of exclamation points and smiley faces but this last week was absolutely awesome. Look up “diligence” in Preach My Gospel. It’s amazing. So yeah, we ran into Teresa yesterday. We knocked on her door to invite her and her family to a military barbeque (there are so many military families here!) which we organized to introduce some of our potential investigators to members of the church. We had been trying to get into contact with her for the last three weeks. She opened the door and looked really frazzled and stressed.  My heart went out to her. I really love this woman so much. She told us her daughter wouldn't even allow us in the door, but she came out to talk to us. She told us that she would come to a lesson with us on Wednesday at the church. She looked me in the eye and said she promised. We said a prayer with her and then she told us that God was looking out for us by having us come over that day. I then found out I’m going on an exchange that day... dangit. Oh well, I know that the other missionaries will take care of her. Running into her that day at church has been my favorite moment on the mission.

The military fireside is going to be a success hopefully! We went over to invite two potentials in a park that we had talked to before and both families seem really excited to go! Then a third family was there and they all seemed pumped. I love how God works with our planning. It is one thing I'm learning (slowly) while on the mission. Planning is amazing. Have I told you how much I love the ward I'm in? They are super awesome, really good fellowshippers, and really excited about missionary work. I'm lucky and blessed. 

We found a lot of potentials yesterday. The elders did a blitz in our area. I'm so thankful for missionaries. We also had a really good meeting with a guy named Fransisco and we picked up an investigator named Michael.

A couple funny things have happened in the last week. 

1) I sang at a Mission President fireside! A mission president fireside is a mission event when ward members and investigators come and its not directed, there is no program (except missionaries have one,) and it’s a mix of new convert testimonies, musical numbers, and video clips from Mormon.org. It’s a really awesome event. I thought I was going to faint as I sang. My companion asked me to do it before I realized how many people were going to be there, and she asked me to do it with an Elder Hepworth who would sing as well. He's also my district leader. He has never sung in front of people either so I'm betting we were shaking the entire time as we stood and sung. hahahaha. I also collapsed when I got back to me seat; like literally my legs gave out. It was a medley of “Come, Come Ye Saints,” “I Need Thee Every Hour,” and “How Firm a Foundation.”

2) My district meeting was the craziest district meeting that probably has every happened in all of history, seriously.

3) We went to drop off a Book of Mormon to a referral. We rang the doorbell and heard a voice through the door (she didn't even open it) and she said "who is it?" We replied "the Mormon missionaries. We brought your Book of Mormon!" She replied "I don't do that kind of thing through the door." We kind of looked at each other... and finally I replied "how would you like us to do it then....?" She answered "I don't want any!" HAHAHAHA. Maybe it’s a ‘you had to be there thing.’ But who requests a Book of Mormon and then does that? She was very cheerful as she sent us off.

There are a couple other things but I'm running out of time. A guy asked if he could come home with me and my companion. That was awkward. Her response was that all we do is plan.

I got to meet all of our investigators! Life is so good. It’s awesome. I hope it is for you as well. =)

I'm out of time, but know I love each of you! What's your favorite thing about life right now?

What are you looking forward to the most about Easter?

D and C 6:33-37

I know this Church is true even more now then I have in my entire life. I'm grateful for the Gospel and for the Atonement. I've really been able to develop a close relationship with my Savior and his role as my best friend and brother. No matter what happens, hope, diligence, and faith can pull us through it. I'm so grateful to you, my family. You are in my prayers constantly. Keep me updated =)

Love you!

~ Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment