Wednesday, April 20, 2011

And the work continues


 Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hey Everyone!

Want to hear about my week? Of course you do, otherwise you'd stop reading right now =)! My week has been pretty amazing so you should be excited! Alright! We'll work backwards. My companion left this morning! BAH!! Sister Virgin is my second half and she's leaving on a jet plane. She left me a really awesome bag of treasures though and a really sweet note. She's been exactly what Chula Vista needed and she's become one of my best friends. She'll do great. =) That means I won't find out who my companion is till tomorrow. But I'll keep you in suspense until next week to tell you all about her =); only because I'm in suspense too though... =)

Ray met with missionaries yesterday!! The missionaries Elder Hill and Elder Hall said it was "interesting"

I finished my journal! Whoa... I know I write a lot! So I'm off to my next journal. Good thing you got me one for Christmas, mom. =)

The work continues to roll forward! Fransisco came to church! What a miracle! Missionaries have been trying to get him to church for about a year and he suddenly just decided that it was time for him to try it out again. It’s crazy and just furthers my testimony that Heavenly Father prepares his children. He loved church too! Fast and testimony meeting and Sister Virgin bore a really beautiful testimony. I just love that girl and I love the work.

What is your favorite pre Easter preparation?

We ended up finding a family this week named the Harris family. One of their little boys, Adonis, passed away this past week. He was only 11 years old. We were able to go over, bring a loaf of banana bread and just give her comfort and buoy her up. We left the house, without saying a pray, without adding them as investigators but with the feeling that "that is what missionary work is" taking care of Christ’s children. It was really incredible; really powerful. We had some other really great lessons this week, both with members and with non members. Sister Fears husband Mark is doing well with surgery!  We also got to meet with a lady named Sister Razo. She's one of my favorite ward members. She gave us lots of oranges and some lemons. =D  Sorry, that's not really important. What is important is that two other appointments fell through before we went and visited her, but when we did visit her, she had tears in her eyes. She felt the Spirit and she told us that we had been exactly what she needed to get through the day. Heavenly Father is so perfect. Even in so called "failures" his work moves forward, his children are blessed and we can be answers to prayers as often as we ask for that privilege.

I tried to make rice pudding... that was a fail. BLAH. Gross. BUT! I got to eat pizza twice! Yummy! And grape fruit is the BEST in California! It’s awesome! I like eating grape fruit every day; grape fruit and English muffins. It reminds me of grandpa.

We got to meet with Jan again and it was really powerful. I just love missionary work! I love the people here in San Diego. I love being able to focus on the Spirit and on other people all the time! I am just brimming with love and it’s the best feeling ever.  Theresa called! I know! I know! Right? The missionaries "happened" to knock on her door. Heh, little does she know that we sent her information to them. =D  They are meeting with her now!

I kind of miss the pigs and cows and sheep and goats at Drumlin Farm *winks* Also, I love you all. =)

Last pday we had the best Easter egg hunt ever! It was super fun. It’s one of my favorite activities and I'm planning on spreading the joy. Next Saturday we're having an Easter egg hunt for some of our investigators and their children with some ward members and their children coming as well. The same sort of idea as the barbecue except with an activity for the children. I'm really excited. I love Easter! And children! And San Diego. Did I mention I loved San Diego? Oh well if not... I do! 

I got to feel exactly what it was like to be an investigator. This is a funny story actually. So Doctor Humiston put my companion on a diet and said that the diet would strongly help me as well because I might have some sort of infection. Well the diet consists of not eating tons of stuff that I like eating, like fruit and muffins and lots of yummy things so I decided not to do the diet. =) Well he looked at me and said that he was really disappointed, because he knows it will help me and he was excited to see my progress. BAM it hit me! I know why investigators don't change, don't keep commitments, etc. Because for this diet I am an "investigator." It was really cool! Being a missionary I decided I would pray about it, to see if I should try it, because I'm worried if I take the pills that go with the diet I might potentially make my body reliant on it/ hurt it. I did pray about it and I didn't get an answer, so I'll keep praying. =) I might try it "experiment on the word" so to speak, but I just thought it was a really cool experience because now I know... like know, know, instead of dimly remember what it’s like to be on the other side. =)

I met a man from Armenia at the temple! Cool huh! He taught me how to say hi... but I forget now...

I've really learned that the Temple is so important. It’s the center of everything because it’s the house of the Lord and of Jesus Christ. I just love the Temple and the hope it brings. When we keep the Temple in our heart and in our mind we know that we are on the path that Heavenly Father wants us on.

I'm out of time because I have to write my presidents letter, but know how precious you, mom, dad, Teri, and Patrick are to me! More precious than gold! And look in 3 Nephi when Jesus smiles at the people. It’s because they're praying without ceasing. It’s so, so powerful. Prayer is the tool we have to block Satan’s influence in our lives. It gives us comfort and guidance and most importantly it lets Heavenly Father show us how much he truly, truly loves us. I love it. =) I love you!

Keep on going strong! The gospel is the source of happiness and peace!

I LOVE YOU!

Good luck with finals all who are going through that week of doom destruction and stress! I know you'll do great!

Love,

Sister Tardiff

No comments:

Post a Comment